The hardest part of saying goodbye


Losing my mom has been very eventful. My relationship ended on a good note with her, so I felt like I was okay. It was hard for me to cry, because knowing that she was saved means that she went to be with the Lord and that I would get to see her again. I had heard from others who knew her that she was up there doing hair and singing praises! I thought I would be mad at God, and I didn’t feel that way.
When the dust settled, there were some feelings that I just couldn’t keep covered up anymore. I started to think selfishly.

Why does this person not care about me?

Why does it feel like that person doesn’t love me?

The enemy is at work telling me that I’m a failure and that my mom was mad at me for all these different things. He wants me to feel guilty.  The Holy Spirit convicted me very quickly. Why don’t I show my affection and devotion to the Lord? Why am I not thankful for the things he has given me? He gave me life and purpose. (Romans 8:28)


I cried and I prayed, and then I cried some more. The battle that goes on is a hard one to overcome. For a while there, I was sitting in a dark room and shutting all that light out when all I had to do was open the door just a crack. Losing my mom has been just that. When I open the door and pray and read my Bible, I can see so much more clearly. The Lord guides me and comforts me. There is no ending point in grief. It just gets easier as time goes on. But, I know that the Lord is good and faithful. One day there will be no more death, no more crying, and no more pain. (Revelation 21:4). So I will hold on to that promise. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Testimony from Quarantine

My Sleeve Gastrectomy Experience